Student Leadership Council
The Student Leadership Council (SLC) of Ronald McDonald House Charities of Northwest Florida is an enthusiastic group of young men and women committed to promoting volunteerism and advocating for the families residing at the Ronald McDonald House in Pensacola, Florida. Each year the council adds new student members who demonstrate a strong interest in and commitment to helping the families who call the Ronald McDonald House “home.”
Students selected for membership to this leadership council will have the opportunity to grow personally, through leadership and life skills development, all while engaging in volunteer and fundraising activities designed to meet the unique needs of our community.
Please note that membership dues are $25.00 annually.
The application for the 2020-2021 term is now available. Please note that the application closes at 5:00 pm on April 15, 2020.
- Must be a rising high school junior or senior.
- Submit a completed online application, including one letter of recommendation from a teacher, employer, or other volunteer supervisor. Recommendations should be addressed to the Student Leadership Advisors and sent to email@example.com.
- Please include all materials for review.
- After all applications have been reviewed, applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted.
- At the end of May, the Student Leadership Advisors and current council will determine the SLC members for the upcoming school year.
- 20 students will be selected to serve up to two terms (depending on whether they are a junior or senior). They will be notified via a letter from the Student Leadership Advisors.
- Those not selected will be informed via letter and are encouraged to submit an application the following year, if eligible.
Note: We respectfully request that students themselves complete the application process, parents are discouraged from completing any part of the application process for their child.
Please review the Student Leadership Council Requirements and Responsibilities to learn more about what your commitment will be as an SLC member.